Primrose Hill Veterinary Hospital

  (01) 280 3303

Your Quality Companion Animal Hospital

Find us on FACEBOOK

Pet Passports


If you wish to leave the country with your pet, you will need a pet passport. This can be completed and filled out by your vet. To receive a passport, we will require A valid form of I/D and proof of address. Your pet must be microchipped. 

When travelling abroad it is always best to check with the relevant authorities what specific requirements are needed for entry. 

A Rabies vaccine WILL be required. This is NOT a routine vaccination, and you must ask your vet for it specifically. It must be given a minimum of 21 days prior to travel. 

Your pet must have its full routine vaccinations up to date and recorded in your passport. Your pets worming/ flea treatment must also be up to date. 

Most airlines/ ferries require a veterinary health check a maximum of a week before travel.

Any further queries on travelling with your pets please don’t hesitate to call us here at PHVH.